– No, it is not allowed. The prohibition on the “No Return, No Exchange” policy is enforced so that consumers may exercise their right to 3Rs – repair, replacement, and refund in case the product purchased has imperfection or defect pursuant to the Consumer Act of the Philippines (R.A. 7394).
However, the said policy does not apply under the following situations:
- If the product purchased has no imperfection or defect, or if not expired or fake, the store may opt not to replace or refund
- When the defects of the goods are due to the mishandling of the buyer
- In cases of “as-is-where-is” transactions
- If the consumer had a change of mind
- The sale of second-hand articles