The Sales Promotion Division (SPD) regulates the conduct of promotional campaigns through the issuance of sales promotion permit of promotional campaigns/activities that has the following elements:
- the activity promotes a brand, product, service with the end view of increasing sales, goodwill or patronage of a product/service;
- the activity entices participation for a promise of gain, chances of winning and the likes;
- it is conducted for a limited period of time (maximum period is 1 year);
- it is published/announced using mass media and other widespread means of communication;
- the target participants are consumers (consumer as a natural person).
SPD assures that all sales promotion activities are compliant to the mandates, rules and regulation as mandated under the Republic Act No. 7394, otherwise known as the Consumer Act of the Philippines.